The trend towards Boho Chic is allowing more and more unconventional couples that tend to veer away from the ‘ordinary’ to enjoy their dream day in a way that represents their personalities. Boho chic, as a theme, is defined as being a combination of hippie and Bohemian styles. It originates in the 1800’s but surfaced as a fashion trends in the 1960’s. Because it is still “chic”, this style remains undeniably elegant and pretty. This makes it great as a wedding theme.
Remember that, to accomplish a Boho Chic theme effectively, you need to make it your own. The friends and family members that share your day with you should be able to identify your unique tastes and personalities in the theme of your wedding. So, rather than focussing on making your whole look and feel “magazine-perfect”, rather focus on choosing clothing, décor and embellishments that gets the identity of you, as a couple, across.
Some great ideas for your Boho Chic wedding include:
- Leave your hair loose and natural with a pretty wreath of flowers gently caressing it.
- Flat shoes are a must, and embellished sandals or Gladiator shoes are stunning choices.
- Keep flowers informal by simply picking fresh garden blooms and putting them into clean milk bottles.
- Layered flowy dresses are gorgeous options for this wedding theme. Be adventurous with colours, textures and embellishments.
- The hippie era was characterised by an appreciation of all things natural; such as animals and flowers. So, use florals, real flowers and animal motifs in the décor of your venues to create a Boho Chic ambience in which your guests can be immersed.