Paper craft has taken the world by storm and is probably one of the fastest rising trends of the season, so time for you to jump on the band wagon and get snip-snipping and folding! What we really love about origami, is the fact that it simply pushes the boundaries of a simple piece of paper well past written shopping lists and ordinary printed programmes, adding a touch of creativity to your wedding day without blowing the budget.
If you’re not all that familiar with the term, origami basically involves creating a figure out of paper using nothing but intricate folds to keep it together – not a drop of glue, not an inch of tape. And if you’re the DIY type, and quite a perfectionist at that, nothing should stop you from attempting this age old technique.
- Paper flowers are the new roses, so fold your very own origami flowers for floral centrepieces, bouquets and boutonnières.
- Hang origami birds over the floral arrangements, to turn your focal pieces into a more intriguing and layered display.
- Print folding instructions on the back of your menus to turn them into interactive conversation starting elements.
- Alternatively fold the menus into quirky shapes yourself.
- Origami shapes can usually be flattened which means you can even have your invitations folded into the shape of a heart or swan and slip it into an envelope with ease.
- Hire a professional origami artist to teach you the tricks of the trade or to entertain guests at the cocktail party while you’re off having your pictures snapped.
- Even simpler forms of origami and paper craft can work well for a wedding such as pin-wheels twirling in the wind, paper boats drifting in a pond and paper planes hanging from the ceiling.
- Have each guest’s name printed on an origami shape or animal. These can either be placed on the plates or hung from the back of each chair.
- If you use a shape such as a boat, fill it with nibbles to curb the hunger pangs.
For more ideas on An Origami Occasion Wedding Theme or to check out the original photos displayed above and their credits, make sure to check out our An Origami Occasion Theme Pinterest Board!