Vintage purple and sky blue is a very popular colour theme at the moment. It’s a very bright and happy combination. Vintage purple can be described as a deep purple and sky blue is a shade of light blue. Combining these colours creates an elegant and modern feel.
Here are some pointers on having a vintage purple and sky blue wedding:
- If you’re not feeling very bold, you can use it to add splashes of colour to an overall white or cream palette.
- Be sure to use the same shades of purple and sky blue throughout your theme, otherwise your palette will clash.
- Purple flowers you should consider include veronica, roses, lisianthus and orchids, while blue flowers include muscari and hydrangeas.
- Consider mixing your bouquets with both shades of flowers.
- Wear purple nail polish on your toenails with a peep toe heel or on your fingernails for a gorgeous splash of colour.
- Surprise your guests by arriving at the celebrations in a light blue Cadillac.
- Decorate your wedding cake with white or cream icing and shades of blue and purple flowers.
- Use purple organza bags, ribbon or labels to decorate your wedding favours.
Have fun with this colour combination. Your wedding photos will look gorgeous! For more inspiration, have a look at our inspiration board on Pinterest.