Pink and cream is really the epitome of vintage loveliness, and has a particularly strong childlike girlie influence about it. Hence it stands to reason that that the colour scheme calls for playful, old fashioned and feminine elements such as vintage tea sets, flowing skirts, dainty cupcakes and pretty bunting. While dusty pink and vintage creams work really well for an uncomplicated theme, you might also want to consider using different shades of pink to add a sense of depth and complexity.
This pretty colour scheme is also somewhat reminiscent of the ballet, so do consider this as a theme for your wedding day as it opens the door to a number of breathtaking possibilities. But back to pink and cream – here are more ideas of how to incorporate the colours into your wedding day.
- While you could use white as the base colour, you can also consider replacing it with cream for a more vintage ambiance.
- Rent a candy floss machine for the reception to add some sugary sweet pinkness to the occasion, or serve strawberry milkshakes.
- A pink and cream candy or dessert table is a must, laden with cream puffs, coconut ice, macaroons and meringues.
- Due to the timeless nature of the theme, flowers such as pink and cream roses, lilies and carnations are ideal for the centre pieces and soft pastel bouquets.
- Consider tying the knot in a cream wedding gown as opposed to a white one, which is especially ideal if you are fair skinned.
- Dress your flower girl in a pretty pink little ballerina outfit with cream details and a pink floral headband.
- Layer cream-coloured lace and pink fabric for breathtaking bridesmaids outfits.
- Instead of the traditional confetti, hand each guest a pink or cream helium balloon to release when you exit the ceremony venue.
- Coloured glassware is a lovely and practical way of adding colour to the table, so opt for a selection of rose-tinted crystal and tumblers.
- Drape the tables in off-white lace of varying textures and use doilies as place mats.
For more ideas on Red and Cream Weddings or to check out the original photos displayed above and their credits, make sure to check out our Red and Cream Weddings Pinterest board!